Recipe by Chellerific
These are one of my favorites. They are moist and flavorful, without being too sweet. If you don't have buttermilk on hand, use milk with one tablespoon vinegar to total one cup. Just let it rest a minute before using.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak apricots in water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Combine egg, milk, butter, and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and graham cracker crumbs.
- Drain apricots and discard water. Add apricots to muffin batter.
- Pour into muffin pans lined with papers--fill 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes and remove from pans immediately.