A pastry crust filled with brandy soaked apricots and dipped in apricot glaze. Very presentable!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak apricots in brandy for at least an hour, but preferably overnight.
- 2Drain and reserve liquid.
- 3In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar and allspice, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 4(can be done quickly with a few pulses in a food processor) Combine egg yolk and sour cream and gently blend mixture into butter/flour mixture.
- 5Divide dough in quarters and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or, preferably, overnight.
- 6Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Roll out each quarter the dough into 1/8 thickness, cut with a 2 1/2" round (fluted is preferred) cookie cutter.
- 8Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, place one apricot on half of each cookie and fold over other half to leave apricot partially exposed.
- 9Bake for aprox 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 10Cool on a rack.
- 11While baking prepare next batch.
- 12For icing combine powdered sugar with 2-3 tblspn of the reserved apricot brandy.
- 13I like to cook the brandy until the alcohol smell is gone, but it's fine either way.
- 14After completly cooled dip half the cookie in icing and leave on a wire rack to dry for several hours.
- 15Store in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week, but are at their peak for 2-3 days.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Foldovers
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 22.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: