Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a slightly sweet, healthy bread I threw together for my toddler. She (and my entire family) love it. It's light, airy and slices very well and makes a nice French toast. My husband likes it with a teaspoon of cinnamon added to the recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds (flax seed meal)
- 1⁄2 cup stone ground wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed organic brown sugar (non-organic is fine)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt (regular salt is fine)
- 20 diced apricot halves
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature except the water. Add all ingredients except the apricots according to your machine's directions.
- Set bread machine to wheat/medium cycle and start.
- Add the apricots at the add-in beep. If your machine doesn't have an add-in beep for the wheat cycle, add them about midway through the first knead cycle.