1 hr 5 mins
Susie D's Note:
This recipe was submitted for RSC 2005 -- I found it in the recipes needing a home and adopted it because it was an entry in RSC #6. The chef who created the recipe wrote "I love anything wrapped in Phyllo dough, especially if it includes Brie cheese. This is a twist on that combination. It can be served in wedges as an appetizer or a lunch dish."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 medium boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 8 whole dried apricots, sliced (should pack a 1/3 C measuring cup)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I use meyer lemons)
- 2/3 cup roasted cashews (if they are salted, rinse them)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (light tasting, not extra virgin)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1/2 lb wedge best brie cheese, you can find (approx)
- 1Dry roast corriander seeds in a heavy pan, cool completely then grind into a powder.
- 2Cut chicken into small pieces, about 1/2 inch.
- 3Mix lemon juice and corriander with the chicken and allow to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- 4Put sliced apricots in a cup and cover with the 1/3 Cup wine, soak for about 15 minutes.
- 5Rinse and drain cashews if they are salted.
- 6In heavy skillet, heat olive oil.
- 7Add chicken and stirfry about 2 minutes.
- 8Add cashews and continue cooking on medium heat until chicken begins to lightly brown.
- 9Add apricots and the wine they have been soaking in and thoroughly mix into the chicken.
- 10Reduce heat to low and cook until wine has evaporated and apricots are soft.
- 11Remove from pan, stir in salt and reserve.
- 12Preheat oven to 350.
- 13Trim the skin from the Brie and cut the cheese into 3 equal pieces.
- 14Using two sheets at a time, place Phyllo dough on a greased baking sheet, overlapping in the middle by about 4 inches to create a large piece - use 6 sheets for this first layer.
- 15place the cheese pieces in the middle of the dough and cover with the chicken mixture.
- 16Quickly fold the edges of the dough over the mixture to form a packet, overlapping as you go.
- 17Transfer packet carefully to a plate and place the other 6 sheets of dough on the pan to form another large sheet.
- 18Take the packet from the plate and place it seam side down on the new sheets, then wrap the packet as you did the first time, overlapping the edges.
- 19Place on a buttered, insulated baking sheet and turn packet over so that seams are on the bottom.
- 20Smear the top of the packet with the soft butter.
- 21Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden on top.
- 22Remove from oven, place on a platter and cut into six wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Coriander Chicken With Brie All Wrapped up in Phyllo
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 714.7
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 121.6 mg
- Sodium 1442.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 33.5 g