Recipe by Manami
This hors d'oeuvre not only looks festive, it tastes terrific. It is also easy to make. Recipe courtesy Laura Werlin.
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons milk, more if needed
- 40 dried apricots, use turkish if possible (6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leave (1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme)
- 40 candied walnuts, halves
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, place the cheese and milk.
- Using the paddle attachment, whip the cheese for at least 5 minutes, or until it is very smooth and creamy.
- If the cheese is still crumbly, add more milk 1/2 teaspoon at a time.
- To assemble, spread about 1/8 teaspoon of cheese on apricot. (If using California apricots, put the goat cheese on the shiny side.).
- Drizzle a little honey over the cheese and top with a sprinkling of thyme.
- Place a walnut half on top, arrange apricots on a platter and serve.