Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an all time favourite in our family, my mum used to make it when we were little, its sure to please.
- 1 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 125 g softened butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- combine apricots and nectar in bowl and stand for an hour.
- grease and line round cake pan.
- cream butter & sugar in small bowl until light and fluffy.
- beat in egg yolks one at a time, beat until well combined.
- stir in coconut, then half the sifted flour and half the apricot mixture, stir in remaining flour and apricots.
- add choc bits.
- beat egg whites in bowl until soft peaks form, fold into mixture until well combined.
- spread in pan and bake in oven for about 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean.
- stand for 5 minutes before turning onto cooling rack.
- dust with sifted icing sugar.