Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe (with measurements slightly tweaked) comes from the SMOOTHIES & JUICES 2006 cookbook that I received from my current cookbook swap partner, Tansy. Preparation time does not include the time for the apricots to soak in boiling water overnight.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup dried apricot, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar (SOFT)
- Put quartered apricots in a small bowl & pour boiling water over them, before covering them & leaving to soak overnight.
- In the morning, put the apricots & the water into a food processor or blender & process until pureed.
- Add orange juice to the mixture & process until combined.
- Pour into two tall glasses & top each with 1 tablespoon of yogurt & a sprinkling of brown sugar.
This made 2 huge glasses that the DM and DS thoroughly enjoyed for breakfast. I just put the ingredients into a large jug and stick blended the lot leaving a few chunky bits of apricot which they really liked. Thank you Sydney Mike made for Almost 5 Tag Game.
This is so refreshing. I love the combination of apricots and orange juice. It's a nice breakfast drink, although since today is a hot day, I might make it again later on.
Yum! Used fresh apricots as they're in season. Fast and healthy. Went down a treat! Thanks.