- 5 1⁄2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 2⁄3 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170 350.
- Line a 12 muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Place butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, milk, lemon juice and lemon zest in bowl and beat on slow speed until ingredients have combined.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Fold in dried apricot.
- Divide batter evenly into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 7. Cool cupcakes completely before filling and icing.