Recipe by lindseylcw
Great breakfast treat on croissants.Recipe from Provence
Top Review by realbirdlady
A pretty breakfast treat. I substituted peaches for apricots. I left the skins on, which added some pink color. I would use less lavender next time - for me, that flavor was overwhelming. I used wildflower honey - with less dried lavender, I think the flavor of the honey variety would come through. My yield was just over 3 cups. The dried flowers were a little off-putting in the jar. For a nicer visual for a present, perhaps strain the hot preserves (carefully!) into a jar with a sprig of lavender and an attractive fruit slice.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs apricots
- 2 1⁄4 lbs caster sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3 1⁄2 fluid ounces lavender honey
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
Directions See How It's Made
- stone the apricots and combine with the sugar and lemon juice in a preserving pan.
- leave to macerate for 3-4 hours at room temperature.
- put pan on to heat, add the honey and dried lavender and bring to the boil over a high heat stirring often.
- reduce heat and cook for 40-45 mins scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon occasionally so mix does not catch.
- test for set, remove from heat and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- pour into sterilised jars and seal.