Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An all natural muesli packed with nutrients, energy, and FLAVOR. You can mix up the ingredients easily, and it will keep for a long time for convenient breakfasts on the go. From "The Greatest Ever Vegetarian Cookbook."
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds or 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2⁄3 cup diced dried apricot
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups bran flakes or 2 cups wheat flakes
- 1⁄3 cup raisins or 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- milk or fruit juice or yogurt, to serve
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl; store in airtight container for up to 6 weeks.
- Serve with milk, plain or flavored yogurt, or fruit juice.
- Top with fresh fruit, such as peaches, bananas, or strawberries.
Very nice muesli and I think the servings sizes are about right which is great as I am anaemic and one of the big things that attracted me to this recipe was the iron content. This recipe would be even nicer if toasted.
Really yummy breakfast! The flavor of the apricots and almonds is great. My only problem is that the bran flakes got soggy by the time the oats have soaked for a few minutes to be soft enough to eat- and I used the thick organic flakes that generally stay crunchier than Kellogs. Still this muesli will all get eaten up!