Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from the Jewish Holiday Feasts cookbook and is a recipe for Purim. All times are guesstimates and do not include cool times. These are wonderful as candy or cookies, after dinner or with wine. Kids can help roll up the dough into balls.
- 226.79 g dried apricot
- 226.79 g almonds, toasted
- 56.69 g bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.32 ml water
- confectioners' sugar, for rolling
- In food processor, process apricots, almonds and chocolate until very finely chopped.
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, cook sugar and water until soft ball stage, approximately 240°F (approximately 10 minutes).
- Stir in apricot mixture and cool.
- Squeeze mixture together with hands to form firm ball.
- Using approximately 1 Tbsp of mixture, form into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Place in candy cups or serve as desired.
I love apricots, almonds and chocolate so how could I go wrong? Delicious! Easy too! Thank you Ducky!