Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Unlike most recipies for appletinis, this one has sweet and sour mix. The sweet-and-sour masks the alcohol taste. Remember: the better quality of vodka, the better your tini!
- 1 1⁄2 ounces vodka (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sour apple Schnapps (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 ounce prepared sweet-and-sour mix
- Fill a martini glass with ice and top with water. This will get the glass chilled before pouring your tini.
- Add ice to your shaker. The more you add, the better chilled the tini will be.
- Add the vodka, schnapps and sweet-and-sour. Cover and shake vigorously for about ten seconds.
- Dump the ice and water from the martini glass. Strain the contents of the shaker into the glass.
- Garnish with a cherry, or sliver of granny apple, or lemon twist.
My son said I needed to try some of the newer cocktails, and ordered this for me at dinner. It was yummy. I researched this recipe and this is the best I found by far. The one I had at dinner was a bit more tart, but I need to perfect the ingredients myself. Cheers all.
LOVE this drink. As I don't like the taste of alcohol that much but to love the tang of lemon this was perfect for me. Used the best grade of vodka I could find and pre-mixed sweet and sour and followed your excellant tip for chilling the glass. YUM, my new fav appletini and can't wait to share it with my appletini loving son who always just uses that yucky pre-mix stuff, and this is as easy or easier. Thanks Chio for a favorite.
ooooh! this was a very yummy appletini! i liked it with the sweet and sour mix! it changed up the flavor in a good way!