Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Deliciously soft, moist and chewy. Store in refrigerator to keep fresh. From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 large egg whites, unbeaten
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cups raisins
- In a large mixing bowl; mix together margarine, eggs and egg whites, applesauce and vanilla.
- Mix together flours, soda, allspice, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon.
- Beat into applesauce mixture.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto non-stick sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes.