Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a GREAT doughnut for breakfast or anytime and very easy to make!
Make and share this Applesauce Doughnuts recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- cinnamon-sugar mixture, for coating doughnuts after frying
- Mix all ingredients except oil and cinnamon sugar mixture in large bowl with electric mixer.
- Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Heat oil in fryer to 375
- Roll out dough and cut doughnuts.
- Fry doughnuts 1-2 minutes per side till golden brown.
- Optional Sprinkle doughnuts with cinnamon-sugar mixture.