1/1 Photo of Applesauce Bread Pudding
VERY SIMPLE. Used some leftover/dry sourdough bread and just started throwing things together. Eventually I created this. Its not TOO sweet and very filling. I used fat free milk and light butter but you can use anything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bread into 1-2 inch cubes and spread a layer on the bottom of a large glass baking dish. (Using HALF the bread cubes).
- 2In a saucepan, warm the milk and butter together long enough to melt butter. (Make sure you do not let the milk boil!).
- 3Once butter is melted, remove from heat. Add brown sugar.
- 4In a separate bowl whisk together eggs and vanilla untill well mixed and a little foamy/frothy.
- 5Whisk egg mixture into milk mixture.
- 6Pour mixture over the first layer of bread cubes, making sure to soak them through.
- 7Spread applesauce over the soaked bread cubes evenly and sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg, and raisins.
- 8Add the rest of the bread cubes and pour remaining mixture over them. Sprinkle more cinnamon and raisins.
- 9Sprinkle with brown sugar (optional) and/or drizzle with a little maple syrup.
- 10Bake on 350 degrees for about 20-35 minutes or until the center is set.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 193.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g