Recipe by Jollymae
Not sure why these are called what they are - I have no clue where Apple's Restaurant is! lol A friend of mine used to make these ALL the time and send them to me in college (I would literally beg for them)...they are the most scrumptious cookies EVER!!
Top Review by grantg
A delicious cookie... possibly addictive for people who like Heath bars. They were always smaller (hence cost more for less) when I was growing up... and I just kept on buying them! The origins of the recipe name JUST MIGHT be found in Minnesota: a cookie given out to those wearing an "I Voted" sticker who patronized Apple's Restaurant on election day!
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 650.62 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 354.88 ml white chocolate chips
- 354.88 ml milk chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml English toffee bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter, gradually add sugars, beating well.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- In separate bowl: combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt - stir well.
- Add to butter mixture, beat at low speed until blended.
- Stir in toffee bits, chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons (ice cream scoop works great) onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until cookie is lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly on sheets, then cool completely on wire racks.