Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got the recipe straight from the bartender! And it is AWESOME! Recipe for simple syrup: Basically 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water, bring to a boil, simmer on low for about 6-8 minutes stirring until all sugar is melted, let cool, store in a jar or air tight container in the refrigerator.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila, souza hornitos preferred
- 1⁄2-1 ounce simple syrup (original calls for 1/2 ounce but add a splash more if you like it a little sweeter)
- 3⁄4 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce pom wonderful pomegranate juice
- 4 ounces prepared sweet-and-sour mix
- Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a skewered marachino cherry and lime wedge.
I have made this recipe for multiple occasions/parties and it is wonderful! I always use the maxium amount of simple sugar, gold tequila of any brand, Pom juice and I always add some cherry juice. Fill you glass with ice, then fill with margarita, garnish... Enjoy! :-)
Thanks for the tip on using pomegranate juice instead of pom wonderful and simple syrup Im going to try them tonight :)
Wow these were really really good...in fact I still have some in the pitcher in my refrigerator and plan on sipping on one this evening....pretty holiday drink...