1 hr 15 mins
A little taste of heaven in every mouthful...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 3 TBS butter in an 8" X 8" pan.
- 2With a small piece of wax paper, butter the sides as well.
- 3Add the syrup.
- 4Remove from heat and sprinkle in the rum.
- 5Divide apple into eighths, core and arrange in neat rows in syrup mixture.
- 6Cream 1/3 cup butter, add 1/2 cup sugar and beat until light.
- 7Beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
- 8Sift together dry ingredients and add alternately to creamed mixture with milk.
- 9Stir in grated apple.
- 10Beat egg whites stiff.
- 11Beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and fold gently into batter.
- 12Spread batter evenly over apples in pan.
- 13Bake 350*F oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- 14Let stand 5 minutes, then invert onto a flat cake plate.
- 15Serve hot or warm with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Wedge Maple Syrup Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.4
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 118.5 mg
- Sodium 378.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 48.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g