Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A little taste of heaven in every mouthful...
Make and share this Apple Wedge Maple Syrup Upside Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Melt 3 TBS butter in an 8" X 8" pan.
- With a small piece of wax paper, butter the sides as well.
- Add the syrup.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle in the rum.
- Divide apple into eighths, core and arrange in neat rows in syrup mixture.
- Cream 1/3 cup butter, add 1/2 cup sugar and beat until light.
- Beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add alternately to creamed mixture with milk.
- Stir in grated apple.
- Beat egg whites stiff.
- Beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and fold gently into batter.
- Spread batter evenly over apples in pan.
- Bake 350*F oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then invert onto a flat cake plate.
- Serve hot or warm with whipped cream.