1/1 Photo of Apple Tartlets With Nutmeg Scented Orange Custard
Baby Kato's Note:
I love apple pies. All kinds of apple pies and this is a different recipe yet again. I really hope you enjoy this recipe. Its very special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tart apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 3 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 lb frozen puff pastry, thawed (1 sheet)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Nutmeg Scented Orange Custard
- 1Nutmeg Scented Orange Custard: In small pan, scald milk, remove from heat, set aside.
- 2Over double broiler beat egg yolks and sugar until thick. Add milk in slowly. Cook over simmering water, whisking constantly for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and add vanilla, orange rind and nutmeg. Place a piece of plastic wrap over custard to prevent a skin from forming, cool and chill. Custard may be served warm or cold.
- 4Apple Tartlet: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place thinly sliced apples in small bowl and toss with lemon juice and 2 tsps sugar.
- 5On lightly floured board lay out the puff pastry. Cut out 4 circles 5" in diameter. Sprinkle the baking sheet with water and place the pastry circles on sheet.
- 6Brush the circles with butter and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tsp sugar. Place the apples over the circle in a pinwheel type pattern, remembering to leave a 1/4" border of uncovered pastry all around. Drizzle remaining butter over the apples.
- 7Bake the tarts for 10 minutes.
- 8Spoon custard sauce onto dessert plate and place a warm tart in the center, spoon a tsp of sauce over apple tart as well.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Tartlets With Nutmeg Scented Orange Custard
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.6
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 247.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g