1/3 Photos of Apple Tarte Tatin
1 hr 20 mins
From Rachael Ray. It takes only 5 ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 9-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar evenly into the pan.
- 2Arrange the apples in the pan. Increase the heat slightly, so the sugar simmers, and cook until the liquid in the pan is caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a 425 F oven and bake until the apples are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Place a plate on top and trim around the edges to make a pastry round; refrigerate until the apples are done.
- 4Position the pastry over the apples and bake until deep golden and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes; let cool for 20 minutes before inverting onto a rimmed platter.
- 5Whip the heavy cream with the 1 tsp sugar until soft peaks form; serve with the tart.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Tarte Tatin
Serving Size: 1 (616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 982.9
- Calories from Fat 519
- Total Fat 57.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 281.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 73.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g