Top Review by bert
I've made this same recipe for years and there's never a crumb left. The apples just make it so good. I first tasted this at a friend's house at least 25 years ago and I've made it on many occasions since always with good success! A truly terrific cake!
- 2 cups apples
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour, Sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core, and chop apples into small pieces.
- Mix together with 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sugar and cooking oil; beat.
- Add eggs, orange juice, and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour one third batter into greased and floured 12 cup bundt pan alternating with one half apple mixture.
- End with layer of batter on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes; turn out on wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.