1/1 Photo of Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
This squash has a delicate hint of orange combined with dried cranberries and a tart apple for a true taste delight. The maple syrup adds a delicate touch of sweetness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the squash in half; discard seeds.
- 2Place the squash cut side down in a microwave safe dish; add 1/2 inch of water.
- 3Microwave on high, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 4While the squash is cooking, melt the butter in a non-stick skillet and add the diced apple.
- 5Cook, stirring frequently for 2 to 3 minutes, add the orange juice, apple pie spice, cranberries and chopped pecans.
- 6Continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the orange juice has evaporated, stir in orange zest.
- 7Divide the mixture between the squash halves, drizzle with maple syrup and place under broiler for a few minutes to brown lightly.
- 8Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 9Hint: For easier cutting of the squash, place in microwave and microwave on high for 1 minute or until slightly warm.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.1
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 35.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice