Recipe by Studentchef
This came from a box of Cedar's phyllo dough. I used this phyllo dough to make another variation of apple strudel. I don't think all the instructions are self-explanatory, so use discretion and past experiences.
Top Review by eva_anita
I made this according to the recipe but without egg and allspice. I think the apples should be cut in small pieces, mine weren't and I had a bit of a problem to roll them into the filo pastry. I made half portion. The taste was good but something was missing, I don't really know what but I'll try to experiment next time. Maybe I am too much used to store ready made apple strudel as it is very popular in my country. My mom liked it a lot though and we have only one piece left. Thank you for the recipe, it is quick and easy!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (450 g) package phyllo dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 5 medium apples, peeled and cored
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash allspice (optional)
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully unfold phyllo dough package. Take one sheet, lay it flat, brush on melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Repeat four more time.
- spoon desired amount of filling 3" from the edges and fold carefully.
- Place on cookie sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- Mark individual portions with a sharp knife and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until golden.