Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this from TOH's Quick Cooking Magazine. My family loved these.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) box apple cinnamon muffin mix (I used Betty Crocker's)
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Perpare muffin mix according to package directions; fold in apple.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins.
I love it when I make something that is so easy and tastes like I slaved in the kitchen. I get more sympathy from my family that way. These delicious muffins were a hit with my family. We had them for breakfast and they were perfect for a cold fall day. Spicy with a nutty crunch. The glaze sweetened them up and that was good. I think I will try them without next time just to compare.
Very tasty muffins. The preparation was certainly easy. I thought the texture was good, too. Moist and full and apple bits. The crumb topping and glaze gave them a bake shoppe quality instead of muffins made from a box mix. Appealed to my family's taste, also. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I love muffins and make them very often for weekend breakfasts. These muffins were very delicious. That they started from a boxed mix is amazing and adds to their ease in preparation. They turned out moist and tender. The nut-brown sugar topping added more richness and flavor. The glaze just puts them over the top. My family and I enjoyed them and I have put this recipe in my favorites file. Thanks.