Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I got this from TOH's Quick Cooking Magazine. My family loved these.
Top Review by Michaela
I love it when I make something that is so easy and tastes like I slaved in the kitchen. I get more sympathy from my family that way. These delicious muffins were a hit with my family. We had them for breakfast and they were perfect for a cold fall day. Spicy with a nutty crunch. The glaze sweetened them up and that was good. I think I will try them without next time just to compare.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) box apple cinnamon muffin mix (I used Betty Crocker's)
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Perpare muffin mix according to package directions; fold in apple.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins.