Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a jazzed up boxed muffin mix with a chopped apple, walnuts, brown sugar and a fast-to-fix vanilla glaze. The tasty results really hit the spot. Recipe Source: TOH
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package apple cinnamon muffin mix
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Prepare muffin mix according to package directions; fold in apple.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins.