Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are a hit at picnics. You will need 6 long pieces of black string licorice..this will be cut to resemble the stems of our apple cookies
- 2 tablespoons red decorator sugar
- 14 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- black string licorice
- Heat oven to 350°, cut 17 x 12" of plastic wrap--lay flat countertop.
- You will need about 6 long pieces of black string licorice. Cut these into 1" pieces to use for "stem" of apple cookies.
- Sprinkle red decorating sugar on top of plastic.roll cookie dough in sugar to coat.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Freeze 30 minutes.
- Cut roll of dough in half crosswise--return dough to freezer till ready to use.
- Cut each half into 1/4" slices.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place 3 mini chocolate chips in center to resemble seeds.
- To form slices: make indentations on 2 opposite sides with fingers.
- Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until unsugared edges are light golden brown.
- Insert 1 licorice piece on top of cookie to resemble stem.
- Cool 2 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool on wire rack.