Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I like this because it has no eggs or potatoes. From Bradley's Country Store in Tallahassee.
Make and share this Apple Sausage Breakfast Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pork sausage link (smoked or fresh)
- 11 ounces pie crust mix (2 crust size in the box)
- 20 ounces apple pie filling
- 1 cup American cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook pork sausage and drain on absorbent paper.
- According to directions, prepare half of pie crust and place in 9" pie pan.
- Flute edge and prick bottom.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375.
- Pour apple filling into partially cooked pie crust.
- Arrange sausage in spoke fashion on filling.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine remaining pie crust with brown sugar and sprinkle over pie.
- Return to oven and bake 25 – 35 minutes until brown.