Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and fancy like. "What does pomegranate molasses taste like?... It has that deep, grown-up flavor similar to espresso that makes food taste more sophisticated. But it's not bitter and that makes it totally different in my eyes than regular molasses, which I haven't managed to love yet even though I tried hard." Modified from a fruit salad recipe found on http://www.dinnersanddreams.net.
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 tablespoons sunmaid raisins
- 2 tablespoons pistachios or 2 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (I use Cortas brand here)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon good quality honey (I use, local, organic, raw honey or creamed honey)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Chill. (If you prefer don't, but we like it chilled).
Wonderful apple dessert! Today I prepared this as snack between meals, I could not wait until dinner.
I wanted to prepare something beatiful for you, so I found that this recipe could be a great option. After cutting apples I dipped the pieces in salted water to preserve the color (1 teaspoon salt in about 1 liter water).
With Chritmas cookies mold I cutted off stars. I had pomegranate molasses and honey I used our own honey as we are beekeeper.
Thanks a lot for your healthy and tasty recipe!
Good and different from the usual fruit/apple salad. I used the walnut option. Think this will also be wonderful for breakfast with yogurt. Thanks for sharing!
If I could rate this higher than 5 stars, I would! It's a great salad, but then, all the ingredients in it are things I love! Absolutely a recipe that I'll be keeping & making over & over again! Thanks so much for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]