Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious served warm or cold, as a dessert or with coffee.
Make and share this Apple & Ricotta Slice recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 220c/fan200c/gas 7 & lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Slice the apple into thin slices & toss with the mixed spice & demerara sugar. Set to one side.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 30cm bt 28cm rectangle. Spread half of the apple mixture onto half of the pastry leaving a 1.5cm rim round the three edges.
- Place the ricotta into a bowl & beat with a wooden spoon to soften.Add orange rind & juice to the ricotta & mix well together. Spoon the ricotta over the apple, then spread the remaining apple over the ricotta.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with water then fold over the other half of the pastry to enclose the other mix. Press the edges together & pinch to decorate.
- Make diagonal slashes over the top at 2cm intervals, do not cut all the way through the pastry.Brush the pastry with milk the sprinkkle over the demerara sugar & flaked almonds.
- Carefully lift onto the pre greased baking sheet & place in oven. Bake for 15 minutes then reduce the temperature to 180c/ gas4 for a further 15 minutes till golden.
- Remove from oven & allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet, then move to a cooling rack.
This tasted good but I didn't like the consistency of the ricotta. However, I liked the orange flavour with the apples. I think if I were to make this again I'd use a different cheese, or no cheese at all. Come to think of it, it would be good with a cream cheese type sauce drizzled on the top after cooking. I served this warm paired with vanilla ice cream.
I used this recipe for my Son, he was cooking for his Italian Theme Year 9 Home Economics Exam. He had to cook a Main Meal & Dessert with-in 45 mins. He made this recipe for his dessert....It turned out beautifully, was extremely easy & very very quick & tasty. (I dare you to stop at 1 serve). I recommend it to anyone from beginner cooks to experienced chefs. He served it with a generous dollop of extra thickened cream & drizzled it lightly with Strawberry sauce. "TRY IT"..... you won't be disappointed!!! Mish....Malanda FNQ...Australia :)