Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful apple dessert to make when apples are in season. Or year round if you want.
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 6 medium apples
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon caramel flavoring
- chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the pie crust to fit a 12 inch pizza pan, turn under the edges and flute.
- Core, pare, and slice apples thinly onto the pie crust.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes .
- Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar, caramel flavoring and milk to make a thin glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the warm pizza.
- Top with chopped peanuts.
- Slice and serve.
- YOU MAY USE A CARAMEL DIP FOR FRUIT IN PLACE OF THE GLAZE.
This recipe is so easy to make. Nothing smells and taste better than something made from apples in the fall of the year.
This was incredibly easy to make and super-delicious -- a lighter alternative to apple pie. My co-workers raved about it and asked for the recipe. I'll definitely be making this again, over and over!
This is now an absolute favourite of my daughter's.Cant wait for me to make it again.Only thing i changed was i used canned apples instead...so quick and easy!