Recipe by Stella Mae
Had this at a chum's house in college, and I haven't tasted anything better since. So easy, so yummy!
Top Review by Hajar Elizabeth
Hello again my friend! My aunt always made her dump cake with cherry filling and the pineapple and it always cloyed me to tears. This is wonderful! I used an apple cinnamon pie filing and have also found that raspberry pie filling is REALLY nice as well. Thank you for the change of pace! A winner! ;)
- 1 (28 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (18 ounce) package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 cup melted butter
- coconut flakes
- pecan pieces (or other nuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump in order, the following ingredients into a greased 9x12 cake pan: apple pie filling, crushed pineapple, yellow cake mix, melted butter.
- Spread evenly over the mixture coconut and nuts to your little heart's desire.
- Bake 350 degrees for one hour (maybe a little less at a higher altitude).