Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Had this at a chum's house in college, and I haven't tasted anything better since. So easy, so yummy!
- 1 (28 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (18 ounce) package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 cup melted butter
- coconut flakes
- pecan pieces (or other nuts)
- Dump in order, the following ingredients into a greased 9x12 cake pan: apple pie filling, crushed pineapple, yellow cake mix, melted butter.
- Spread evenly over the mixture coconut and nuts to your little heart's desire.
- Bake 350 degrees for one hour (maybe a little less at a higher altitude).
Hello again my friend! My aunt always made her dump cake with cherry filling and the pineapple and it always cloyed me to tears. This is wonderful! I used an apple cinnamon pie filing and have also found that raspberry pie filling is REALLY nice as well. Thank you for the change of pace! A winner! ;)