1/2 Photos of Apple Pie Spice Cake
1 hr 10 mins
A not too sweet and almost foolproof spice apple cake. You can also make this in a bundt pan. But I think the springform round cake shape seems appropriate for this cake. Optional spices can be added like cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, a pinch of ground cloves, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 350°F and grease a 10" springform cake pan and set aside.
- 2In a separate small pan, melt butter; then stir in brown sugar and nuts.
- 3Pour pecan mixture into bottom of cake pan. This will be the top of the cake.
- 4By hand, mix cake mix, pie filling, sour cream, eggs, and oil until well-blended.
- 5Carefully pour over nut mixture and spread evenly.
- 6Bake 45 minutes to one hour. Oven temps vary so check cake after 45 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack.
- 8Release spring and remove sides and bottom of pan.
- 9If some pecan topping sticks to the pan, replace it on the cake.
- 10Garnish with whole pecan halves.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Spice Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4877.8
- Calories from Fat 2268
- Total Fat 252.0 g
- Saturated Fat 77.1 g
- Cholesterol 692.9 mg
- Sodium 4376.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 630.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.1 g
- Sugars 402.4 g
- Protein 53.4 g