Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled tart-sweet apples (Braeburn, Gala, Pippin)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line two 12-cup muffin pans with 16 paper liners.
- Topping-in a bowl, using your fingers or a fork, combine brown sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon together until blended and crumbly.
- Muffins-in a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, and butter.
- Whisk in sour cream until blended.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Gently fold in apples.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until tops are golden and a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.