1/1 Photo of Apple Pie Honey Toast
Inspired by the popular Japanese cafe dish "Honey Toast" this recipe for "Apple Pie Honey Toast" will change the way you look at breakfast! Simple, affordable and easy to make this recipe can not only be enjoyed as is but can also be customized to make everyone in your family happy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash your apple and slice it into chunks. NOTE: You can either peel the apple or leave the skins on. It's up to your preference.
- 2Put apples, sugar and 3 tablespoons of butter in a pan on medium heat and cook the apples thoroughly.
- 3While the apples are cooking slice the center out of 1 slide of bread. Do this by cutting a square and leaving all of the crusts attached. Carefully remove the square of bread that you just removed and slide it into cubes.
- 4In a separate pan place the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and melt over medium heat. Place bread in the pan and toast until golden brown on both sides.
- 5Assemble your toast by placing the hollow piece of bread on top of the full piece of bread making a bowl. Scoop apples into the center, filling the bowl, and top with toast cubes.
- 6Add your own spin on the recipe by sprinkling with cinnamon, flavored sugar, whipped cream and/or ice cream!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Honey Toast
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 961.9
- Calories from Fat 535
- Total Fat 59.5 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 152.6 mg
- Sodium 766.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 80.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g