Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Inspired by the popular Japanese cafe dish "Honey Toast" this recipe for "Apple Pie Honey Toast" will change the way you look at breakfast! Simple, affordable and easy to make this recipe can not only be enjoyed as is but can also be customized to make everyone in your family happy.
- Wash your apple and slice it into chunks. NOTE: You can either peel the apple or leave the skins on. It's up to your preference.
- Put apples, sugar and 3 tablespoons of butter in a pan on medium heat and cook the apples thoroughly.
- While the apples are cooking slice the center out of 1 slide of bread. Do this by cutting a square and leaving all of the crusts attached. Carefully remove the square of bread that you just removed and slide it into cubes.
- In a separate pan place the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and melt over medium heat. Place bread in the pan and toast until golden brown on both sides.
- Assemble your toast by placing the hollow piece of bread on top of the full piece of bread making a bowl. Scoop apples into the center, filling the bowl, and top with toast cubes.
- Add your own spin on the recipe by sprinkling with cinnamon, flavored sugar, whipped cream and/or ice cream!