1 hr 25 mins
Adapted from the Culinary Institute of America. Here's what they say,"As rich as a slice of pecan pie, pecan diamonds are bite-sized treasures that resemble more of a confection than a bar cookie. As the holiday season approaches, you can now create The Culinary Institute of America's renowned pecan diamonds that are sold exclusively at the college's Apple Pie Bakery Café in Hyde Park, New York." Oh yum! A candy thermometer will be helpful in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 2/3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1Cookie Dough:.
- 2Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer bowl with the paddle attachment on medium speed until smooth and light, about 1–2 minutes. Gradually incorporate egg and vanilla, stopping mixer and scraping bowl as needed. Add flour and mix on low speed until just blended, about 30 seconds. Do not overmix.
- 3Place dough onto or a lightly floured surface(or parchment paper), and shape into a flat square. Wrap dough well with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least an hour.
- 4Preheat oven to 350* F. and line bottom of a 15-inch x 10-inch jelly roll pan with parchment.
- 5Roll dough out to a rectangle 17 inches x 12 inches x 1/8-inch thick. Transfer the rolled dough to the baking pan, gently pressing it to the pan. Trim the edges with a paring knife, and prick the bottom of the dough with the prongs of a fork to prevent bubbling during baking.
- 6Bake until dough is firm but has no color, about 10–12 minutes. Cool dough while you make the filling.
- 7Pecan Filling:.
- 8Place the butter, sugars, honey, and cream into a heavy-bottom saucepot. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly, until it reaches 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer. Remove pot from the heat, add pecans, and stir until fully incorporated. Immediately pour into the pre-baked crust and spread into an even layer.
- 9Bake in 350*F. oven until the filling bubbles evenly across the surface and the crust is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Cool thoroughly before cutting.
- 10Remove from pan using a knife to release the edges and invert the slab onto the back of a sheet pan. Transfer to a cutting board by flipping it over so it is right side up. Trim off the edges and cut into 1- or 2-inch diamonds.
- 11The bars store well at room temperature, but can also be refrigerated or frozen as long as wrapped airtight. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Bakery's Pecan Diamonds
Serving Size: 1 (3260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4227.5
- Calories from Fat 2790
- Total Fat 310.0 g
- Saturated Fat 114.7 g
- Cholesterol 490.1 mg
- Sodium 97.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 366.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.9 g
- Sugars 246.7 g
- Protein 33.0 g