Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
A want-to-try recipe from Quick Cooking.
Make and share this Apple Pie a La Mode recipe from Food.com.
- Spread half of the pie filling over crust.
- Top with half of the ice cream; cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with half of the caramel topping; cover and freeze for 30 minutes. Top with remaining pie filling; cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining ice cream; cover and freeze until firm.
- May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving.
- Warm remaining caramel topping; drizzle some on serving plates.
- Top with a slice of pie; drizzle remaining caramel topping over pie and sprinkle with pecans.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
I've made this exact recipe before on 2 different occasions, and it is a delicious twist on the traditional apple pie a La mode. Different flavors of ice cream work wonderfully with this as well - I think I used a homemade cinnamon ice cream one time and it was TDF.