Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
A want-to-try recipe from Quick Cooking.
Top Review by knitaholic
I've made this exact recipe before on 2 different occasions, and it is a delicious twist on the traditional apple pie a La mode. Different flavors of ice cream work wonderfully with this as well - I think I used a homemade cinnamon ice cream one time and it was TDF.
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (8 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 pint butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread half of the pie filling over crust.
- Top with half of the ice cream; cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with half of the caramel topping; cover and freeze for 30 minutes. Top with remaining pie filling; cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining ice cream; cover and freeze until firm.
- May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving.
- Warm remaining caramel topping; drizzle some on serving plates.
- Top with a slice of pie; drizzle remaining caramel topping over pie and sprinkle with pecans.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.