Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
a little time consuming, but worth it
- 1 cup Raisin Bran cereal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apple, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine first seven ingredients in bowl. Make a well in the center.
- Combine buttermilk, 2 tablespoons butter and egg- stir well. Add to flour mixture. Stir until moist, set aside.
- Combine apple, pecans, splenda, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon butter. Stir well, set aside.
- Spoon two tablespoons batter into each muffin cup.
- Divide apple mixture evenly amongst muffins.
- Top each muffin with the remaining batter and sprinkle the sugar evenly over each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool.