Recipe by Melanie Murray
This is sooooo good. It is a cold dessert with amazing taste. It's no bake too. :)
Top Review by Countrywife
Oh, wow! This is so easy. And quick. And good. Since I was going to the store I bought some extra rich milk and used a cup of that. DH says he wants this for his birthday dessert.
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagevanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed (1 8oz container equeals 3 1/2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the apple pie filling, brown sugar and cinnamon; stir in pecans.
- Spread half of the mixture in the pie crust; refrigerate the remaining mixture.
- Place the milk and the half and half in a medium sized bowl; add the pudding mix.
- Beat with a wire whisk until well blended, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in the whipped topping.
- Spoon the pudding mixture over the apple mixture in the pie crust.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving and garnish with reserved applie mixture and additional whipped topping.