Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this originally from the Ha'aretz newspaper.
Make and share this Apple Pecan Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a rectangular 9 X 13 inch cake pan (can be Pyrex).
- Thinly slice the apple quarters.
- Mix together in a bowl with the pecans, 1 cup of sugar, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of flour.
- In a separate bowl or in the food processor, mix the remaining cup of sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, melted margarine and water to a sticky dough.
- Spread about 2/3 of the dough in the cake pan and press flat to cover the bottom.
- Cover this with the apple mixture, and then dot this with spoonfuls of the remaining dough.
- Sprinkle the 2 remaining tablespoons of brown sugar over the cobbler.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake an additional 30-40 minutes.
- May be served at room temperature, but really goes well served warm with some plain vanilla ice cream a la mode.
This was a big hit with my family! The apples are very nicely seasoned. And the dough has a nice sweet flavor and puffy texture. Very easy to make. I didn't change a thing. Thanks Mirj, this is very good!!
Absolutely fabulous! I made this for three dinner guests, and they finished the whole thing. Thanks for a wonderful, easy recipe. Next time I try it, though, I think I'll add some raisins ... and another quarter cup of pecans.