This crunchy, sweet and tangy salad mixes familiar fruits and veggies with a whole grain mustard dressing and apple cider vinegar. From Whole Foods.
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 2 tart apples, crunchy (Gala, Pink Lady, Braeburn)
- 1 pear (Anjou, Bartlett, etc.)
- 1 seedless cucumber (or seeded)
- 1 small sweet onion
- For the Dressing:.
- Mix together the mustard, dill, vinegar, sugar and olive oil. Set aside.
- For the Salad:.
- Core and slice apples and pears into thin slices, leaving skin on for color and flavor.
- Slice cucumber into rounds (if using cucumber with seeds, cut in half lengthwise, scrape out seeds, and cut into half moon slices).
- If cucumber is waxed, peel it; otherwise leave skin on.
- Slice onion any way you like.
- Add all to bowl with dressing and toss to coat.