Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This crunchy, sweet and tangy salad mixes familiar fruits and veggies with a whole grain mustard dressing and apple cider vinegar. From Whole Foods.
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 2 tart apples, crunchy (Gala, Pink Lady, Braeburn)
- 1 pear (Anjou, Bartlett, etc.)
- 1 seedless cucumber (or seeded)
- 1 small sweet onion
- For the Dressing:.
- Mix together the mustard, dill, vinegar, sugar and olive oil. Set aside.
- For the Salad:.
- Core and slice apples and pears into thin slices, leaving skin on for color and flavor.
- Slice cucumber into rounds (if using cucumber with seeds, cut in half lengthwise, scrape out seeds, and cut into half moon slices).
- If cucumber is waxed, peel it; otherwise leave skin on.
- Slice onion any way you like.
- Add all to bowl with dressing and toss to coat.
I made this for Friday supper. I was alone so adjusted the measurements. I loved this salad. It was so delicious. <br/>Because I had all the ingredients on hand I could follow the recipe exactly. It filled me up. It was crunchy and with the blend of dilll (had to use the dried) and everything else, I'm going to make this for Thanksgiving.
With a load of fresh organic apples and pears from a local orchard, this salad was just what I needed when a good friend also brought me some gigantic homegrown cucumbers. Lovely late summer deliciousness. I used dijon mustard and dried dill because that is what I had. I will certainly make this again!