The tartness of the apples along with the sublime sweetness of the peaches make a fantastic dessert that the whole family will love
- 1 large pie crust
- 5 -6 large peaches, peeled, sliced thin
- 3 -4 apples, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg or 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange flavoring
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -3 tablespoon butter or 1 -3 tablespoon oleo
- Line a 10 x 10 inch deep dish pan, or a 10 x 12 inch pan with pie crust.
- Mix well all the rest of the pie ingredients. Be certain they are well blended.
- Spoon ingredients into pie shell. If too much liquid, sprinkle a bit of flour on top.
- For topping, combine all ingredients; fold in butter and make sure it is criumbly.
- Broadcast the crumble on top of the pie.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 35-40 minutes, or until bubble and topping is golden brown.
- Let cool. Can be served both warm and cold topped with ice cream or whipped topping.