Top Review by The_Desperate_Housewife
These are EXCELLENT bars!!!! Tastes just like apple crisp only better. My husband already asked me when I was going to make them again! I added about 1 1/2 cups of apple (gala) and a smidge more of the spices when I made them. Next time I will probably add some pecans to the topping for a little more flavor. Thank you beckas for posting this wonderful recipe. It reminds me of one that my mom used to have!!!
Topping and Crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan.
- Combind topping and crust ingredients.
- Press all but one cup of mixture into pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until crust is set (it will not be brown) and cool.
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together in a bowl until smooth (note: if your cream cheese just came out of the refrigerator, you can microwave it on the defrost setting for a couple of minutes so that it's a little less difficult to beat with the mixer) Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust.
- Combind apple mixture ingredients in a bowl.
- Top cream cheese mixture evenly with apple mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved oat mixture evenly over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.