Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Topping and Crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan.
- Combind topping and crust ingredients.
- Press all but one cup of mixture into pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until crust is set (it will not be brown) and cool.
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together in a bowl until smooth (note: if your cream cheese just came out of the refrigerator, you can microwave it on the defrost setting for a couple of minutes so that it's a little less difficult to beat with the mixer) Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust.
- Combind apple mixture ingredients in a bowl.
- Top cream cheese mixture evenly with apple mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved oat mixture evenly over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
These are EXCELLENT bars!!!! Tastes just like apple crisp only better. My husband already asked me when I was going to make them again! I added about 1 1/2 cups of apple (gala) and a smidge more of the spices when I made them. Next time I will probably add some pecans to the topping for a little more flavor. Thank you beckas for posting this wonderful recipe. It reminds me of one that my mom used to have!!!
These are very good and pretty easy to make. The first time I made them -- I made them exactly as written and they disappeared quickly. The second time I made them, I added about 1/2 well chopped pecans to the topping before baking -- turned out superb. No one has turned these down!
This recipe was great! My 2 year old would not stop eating these. I did not hae any allspice but followed the rest of the recipe exactly. I be making these again! Thank you!