1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 35 mins
Great for fall and winter holidays! Originally from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups peeled diced cooking apples (about 3 large)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- 2Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- 3Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; stir into sugar mixture.
- 4Stir in vanilla; fold in apple and walnuts.
- 5Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup Bundt pan.
- 6Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 to 35 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- 7Cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes.
- 8Remove from pan, and cool on wire rack.
- 9Drizzle with warm Brown Sugar Glaze.
- 10Glaze: Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Stir in vanilla. Makes 1 cup.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Nut Cake With Brown Sugar Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.0
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.4 mg
- Sodium 168.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 49.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g