- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 cups apples, sliced (I use Mcintosh)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour pineapple in 9x13 baking dish.
- Layer apples, 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice on top of pineapple.
- Sprinkle fruit with cake mix.
- top with melted butter, 1/4 cup sugar and pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then cut into with knife so juices can rise Bake 30 minutes longer.
- Very good served warm with ice cream.