Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 6 cups spinach leaves
- 1 1⁄4 cups red apples
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons apple curry chutney
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- FOR SALAD: COMBINE spinach, apple, raisins, and green onion in large bowl; refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- FOR DRESSING: COMBINE vegetable oil, vinegar, chutney, curry powder, mustard, and salt in small bowl.
- Pour over salad; toss well to coat.
I don't know if this is authentically Middle Eastern, but it did complement the Middle Eastern dinner I had, including Chicken Tikka (Chicken Tikka) and tabbouleh. I didn't have chutney so I used some honey to sweeten up the dressing. I love the flavor combination!
This was yummy! I was a little skeptical at first about the spinach/apple/raisin combo, but the flavors actually went really well together. I thought it tasted even better the next day after the spinach leaves had wilted a bit and the flavors had melded together. Thanks for the recipe!