Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
This jelly is so good on Lamb. Very easy to make. My DH likes it on toast. Cook time includes boiling the mint. ALSO needed 8-- 1/2 pint jars lids and rings.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mint leaves (washed) or 1 teaspoon mint extract (or to taste)
- 6 cups apple juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 package Sure-Jell, fruit pectin for lower sugar recipes
- green food coloring
- Boil mint leaves in 1/2 cup water for 5 minutes and SAVE liquid.
- Add to apple Juice to make 6 cups.
- Mix Pectin with 1/4 cup sugar and add to apple juice.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Stir in remaining sugar and bring to a rolling boil AGAIN and boil 1 minute.
- Add mint flavoring to taste and Green Food coloring to tint.
- Skim off foam if needed; Pour into heat-resistant jars with lids and seal.
Sorry Barb but I couldn't get my jelly to set....however, the flavour is lovely.