Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very flavorful with the apple juice/butter and the sauteed onions. Found in Simple & Delicious Oct 2007.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and pepper in butter until crisp tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cut ham steak into 4 pieces and in the same skillet, brown ham on both sides.
- While ham is browning, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and apple juice until smooth; then pour over ham.
- Bring juices to a boil and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat and spread apple butter over ham.
- Top with sauteed onion.
- Cover pan and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until thoroughly heated through.
This is sooo good!! Made this for our Thursday breakfast for dinner meal with eggs and toast. I really liked the flavor of the apple juice and apple butter. It gave it a sweet and spiced glazed-flavor. I was never a fan of apple butter (family eats it like jelly) but now I have a use for it. Only change I made was to only use about 1/2 the onions; DS's wouldn't eat them so I only topped 2 of the pieces of ham with them. Will make often!! Made for Newest Zaar Tag February 2010.