1/2 Photos of Apple-Gingersnap Crisp
From Vegetarian Times. "This warm apple dessert is so good--and comes together so fast--you'll want to make it all fall."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tart apples, unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups dried apple rings
- 1/4 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- 20 gingersnaps, crushed
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- whole gingersnaps, for garnish if desired
- 1Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute fresh apple slices 5 minutes, or until tender.
- 2Stir in juice, sugar, fresh ginger and cinnamon. Cook 5 minutes, or until liquid is syrupy.
- 3Add dried apple slices and candied ginger. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 minutes more, or until heated through.
- 4Sprinkle bottom of a 2-qt. bowl with 1/2 cup crushed gingersnaps.
- 5Stir remaining gingersnap crumbs into the apple mixture.
- 6Layer apple mixture and yogurt in bowl.
- 7Garnish with whole gingersnaps, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Gingersnap Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.5
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 206.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 44.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: