Recipe by Engrossed
From Vegetarian Times. "This warm apple dessert is so good--and comes together so fast--you'll want to make it all fall."
Top Review by BarbryT
Scrumptious. The textures of the sauteed fresh apples with the dried apples...and the complementary flavors of fresh and candied ginger are absolutely outstanding. I would give this many more than 5 stars if only I could.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tart apples, unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups dried apple rings
- 1⁄4 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- 20 gingersnaps, crushed
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- whole gingersnaps, for garnish if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute fresh apple slices 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in juice, sugar, fresh ginger and cinnamon. Cook 5 minutes, or until liquid is syrupy.
- Add dried apple slices and candied ginger. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 minutes more, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle bottom of a 2-qt. bowl with 1/2 cup crushed gingersnaps.
- Stir remaining gingersnap crumbs into the apple mixture.
- Layer apple mixture and yogurt in bowl.
- Garnish with whole gingersnaps, if desired.