Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful treat for kids and adults. This recipe takes me back to falls spent apple picking. It seems someone was always making apple fritters and the smell of apple and cinnamon would waft through the air. These can be rolled in powdered sugar or granulated sugar.. try mixing some cinnamon in with the sugar for extra delight.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar or 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add milk and egg, beat until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in chopped apple.
- Drop by the teaspoonfuls into hot oil (2-3" deep) and fry approx 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove fritters and allow to drain over paper towel lined plate.
- While still warm, roll fritters in sugar mixture of choice.
- Serve warm.
As my spose is a Vegan, I am always on the lookout for recipes I can adapt, and this is a great one. Used a powdered egg replacment and used Soy in place of regular milk and this recipe is a real winner!
These were delicious! I cant wait to make them for the mothers group I go to...I added a little more sugar, closer to 1/2 cup and next time I'll try the cinnamon. Thank you!! :)